Fresno Fair Homebrew Competition (See Bottom for Step-By-Step Instructions)
2013 BEST OF SHOW WINNER:
BJCP/AHA Sanctioned Competition
Sponsored by Bencomo's Homebrew Supplies, Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company, House of Pendragon Brewing Co, Wyeast, Yakima Valley Hops, & Northern Brewer
Entry Forms Due Date is September 6, 2014
Limit one entry per exhibitor per BJCP Subclass
Eligibility U.S. Residents Only
Entry Fee: None
Entries can be received in the Home Arts Building or Bencomo's Homebrew Supplies between the following dates:
Home Arts Building:
||SEPTEMBER 12th, 2014 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
||SEPTEMBER 13th, 2014 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
||SEPTEMBER 14th, 2014 12:00 NOON - 5:00 PM
Bencomo's Homebrew Supplies (234 W Olive Ave, Fresno CA 93728):
||SEPTEMBER 10th - 16th, 2014 10 AM - 5 PM
Shipped entries will be received by Bencomo's Homebrew Supplies between the following dates:
||SEPTEMBER 10th - 15th, 2014 10 AM - 5 PM
Cash Awards Offered:
- Best of Show - $125.00 and Big Fresno Fair Plaque
- Division Winners - $25 and a pint glass
- Place Award - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons
This is a BJCP/AHA sanctioned competition. Please go to http://www.bjcp.org for rules on homemade beer recipes.
AGE REQUIREMENT: Open to amateurs 21 years & older
BREWING: All entries must be homemade by exhibitor.
ENTRIES: Entries to consist of two (2) 12-16 oz. bottles
BOTTLES: Bottles must be clean and free of all labels or
identifying marks of any kind. Bottle caps must be plain
with no markings of any kind.
AWARDS: Exhibitors must score a minimum of 30 points
(average of 3 judges) on a 50 point scale to receive an
BJCP REOUIREMENTS All entries must be listed by the
BJCP style and subcategories ONLY except in specialty
categories where a description of the entry may be
included to assist in judging. All BJCP rules apply.
Division 810 3A Vienna Lager
Division 812 llB Southern English Brown
Division 815 20 Fruit Beer Peach Jasmine
STYLE DESCRIPTIONS: Full style descriptions can be obtained at the BJCP
BJCP styles 1 thru 6.
BJCP styles 7 thru 10.
BJCP styles 11 and 14
BJCP styles 12, 17 and 19
BJCP styles 13 and 18
BJCP styles 15, 22 and 23
BJCP styles 16, 20 and 21
BJCP styles 24 thru 28
For step-by-step instructions on entering your beers, please follow these directions:
- Complete the proctor registration by visiting this site: http://www.sjworthogs.org/competition/. After creating an account, you will be able to enter your beer information and print your Bottle ID's. You do not need to print the BJCP Entry Form as we will already have it.
- After registering at the proctor registration site, you will need to enter your beer with the Fresno Fair Home Arts Division. You can do this electronically or by filling out a printable form and mailing it in. For electronic registration, go to the "On-Line Entries" page. If you did not register electronically at the Fresno fair, mail your Home Arts Entry Form to the Big Fresno Fair (address below) no later than September 6th, 2014.
- Place a bottle ID label on the beers you will be submitting for the competition. You will need a total of two bottles (12-16 oz) per entry to qualify for judging. Take or ship the bottles to either Bencomo's Homebrew Supplies (address below) or The Home Arts Building at the Fairgrounds (address below) received between September 10th - 15th.
- Judging will take place on September 20th and winners will be announced at the November general Worthog Homebrew meeting. In addition, score sheets will be e-mailed to each person submitting entries after October 3rd.
For additional info, contact Matt Humann at email@example.com.
This is your checklist:
___ Complete the Proctor Registration and record your competition entries.
___ From the Proctor Site, print your Bottle ID labels.
___ Visit the Fresno Fair website and register your beers with them either electronically or mailing it in.
___ Place a Bottle ID on each of your entries and get them to Bencomo's Homebrew Supply or the Home Arts Division
THE BIG FRESNO FAIR:
1121 CHANCE AVENUE
FRESNO, CA 93702
BENCOMO'S HOMEBREW SUPPLIES
234 WEST OLIVE
FRESNO, CA 93728